Magic Valley & Twin Falls Wedding Venues
Selecting your venue can be a daunting task, but it should be the first thing you do after getting engaged and setting your budget!
Your venue will determine:
Your wedding date
- Many venues can book up as far as a year or two in advance! Check availability with your venue before announcing and setting your wedding date in stone.
- Consider booking in the off-season or on a day other than Saturday. If you think about it, there are only 52 Saturdays in a year. Now throw out the 26 from November through April... That's only 26 "in-season" Saturdays available at a venue each year!
The style/feel of your wedding
- An historic barn will have a different feel than a modern ballroom. This is why we suggest waiting to decide on decor or even a color scheme until after your venue has been secured and you can draw inspiration from the
The number of guests you can invite
- Other factors will contribute to the number of guests, but the most limiting one will be the maximum number of people your venue can accommodate.
- Think about the guest logistics your chosen venue has to offer. How are the parking, shade, seating, walking distance, restroom facilities, etc. for your guests?
So be sure to secure your venue as soon as possible, and that will pave the way for you to get working on all the other details of your big day!
Questions to consider
- What areas do you have access to on the wedding day?
- What other amenities does your venue offer? Do they have tables, chairs, linens, decor, restrooms, kitchen, etc. available?
- Will you require power for your caterer or DJ?
- What time do you have access to the bridal suite or the ceremony/reception area to start decorating?
- How late are you allowed to stay?
- When does the music need to be off by?
- Is outside catering, cake, decor, etc. allowed or is there a fee for outside vendors?
- Are there any other events going on at the location the day of your wedding?
- When can you hold the rehearsal?
- Will there be someone on site to answer questions or help with any issues that may arise on the wedding day?
- What options are available in case of inclement weather?